Sunday 10 November 2013

Metal in the holes!

Holes all dug and now time to make the metal boxes that are designed to hold the cement together.

Long lengths collected by Rich in the big trailer and then walked up the hill by Oranges, Craig and I decided we would use the Nissan for our lengths cause we can.

Happy "oranges" although its like a change gang!
I had 2 meetings this week with Jose the architect, he is such a great guy he puts me on a high each visit. He came over to The Orange House as we needed the internet to translate and look at pictures of materials needed.

I had a print out of our plans and the materials list from Irene architect, we had started to price equipment needed, timber etc. The cost of some plastic membrane was around £650 for the roof, within a few mins he had scribbled through my list and plans and said "nope we ain't using that, nay forget that" I sat with a massive grin on my face and saw the costs of the materials drop by 50%, happy day!

The second meeting was with Javier who will be our building materials guy, no speaking English so with my crap Spanish I think I will be getting the cement and some water on Monday around 11am.

Below is the cement mixer arriving on site, thanks to the lovely Phil again for the "rent" of this machine. I have no idea how many loads this will take to fill the holes but it will be alot...........


I know I sound horrible shouting at poor Rich, like a bloody fish wife!


No comments:

Post a Comment