Thursday 22 March 2012

Resolve testing stuff, or have we made a big bloody mistake?

We know about the strong winds in Spain, we have lost palm trees, and roofs in the past! So what the heck made me think that my tent with its 3 metre metal poles will be fine on the side of a flippin hillside?

It started during the night and we kept out eyes on the guide ropes, pulling em in etc. In the morning we decided to have a quick cup of tea and a some chocolate biscuits, the tent was moving around and making us laugh and the noise outside, then before our very eyes the metal poles just bent nearly over in half! (F*"$ing heck!), I quickly jumped up and moved the TV off the stand and onto the floor and made a grab for the pole to stop it bending anymore. Rich just looked at me and said " you better keep hold of that I need to go and buy some strong large pieces of timber to hold the thing up" and off he ran!



So I am stood in a tent in the pissing rain with it bent in half and I have no idea how long Rich will be shopping. This is where I am really glad that I have an ipad with a 3g sim in it. On with Chris Evans Radio Two to keep me company and I am able to use skype to contact The Orange House.



"Ben get your arse up here quick and bring as many blokes as you can find"

20 minutes later Ben, Tony and Niall, wet through and covered in mud appear in the tent door. I can let go! Rich comes 30 mins later and the poles are reinforced with timber and the tent looks like it should again.

Rich then has to head off to get more supplies and I end up stranded, the road is a mud bath and no cars going up or down, what the hell have we gone and done!!!!!

:0)

1 comment:

  1. Go! Go! Go!

    At least the rent will be low, and no need to worry about builders who don't turn up or who decide that you should pay £XXXXX more than you expected.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete