Friday 16 March 2012

We move onto the land!

Woke up this morning and decided I had had enough sleeping next to the car park at The Orange House.

Poor Rich, its his only day off this week and all change again. I wanted to be the one to drive our large campervan Eddie (named after Eddie Izzard as the van is a Transit (trannie!) bad joke sorry!). I set off all full of hope that it would climb the steep hill no trouble with me driving, well I was wrong and after many wheel spins, burnt rubber and stalling I gave up and said "Rich you do it". He managed up the first bend and then got very, very stuck on the second, the ground was just too soft and poor Eddie was just slipping back. Time to attach a rope and hope that Nellie the Nissan (no reason for that name!) would be able to tow Eddie up!

Rich didn't think it would work as the clutch has seen better days on Nellie and the ground is very soft, we have not had rain in nearly 3 months, the whole hillside is a dust bowl. However, I had hope and with Rich behind the wheel of Nellie, me driving Eddie again off we went. The boys had ran away up the hillside to get away from me shouting them and watched from above.

How cool are we? With a few spins and a horrible burning smell slowly up we went, next bend was easy and on the last and we though the worst as its tight, Rich stopped Nellie and we realised we could turn Eddie and reverse from here all the way to the top. He was right and cruised up the next bit with me putting Nellie into the only passing spot we have and waiting.

Tonight we will be sleeping on our hillside I cant wait.

Here are a few more photos as the boys then got straight to work finishing off the steps and the platform for the tent to sit on.



No comments:

Post a Comment